Our mission has not changed during the current COVID-19 crisis. Please be assured we are here for you! Your safety and the safety of our staff is our highest priority.
Understandably, many of you have concerns about your overall wellness, chronic care issues, and other illnesses. We are aware the symptoms of COVID-19 may overlap with other illnesses such as, but not limited to, allergies, the common cold and asthma.
As a result, we are pleased to announce the implementation of the Telemedicine Virtual Visits and Telehealth Services for all our patients. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call our office at 404-351-7467 or send a Mychart message to our staff. We are now offering limited weekend hours for Telemedicine visits for our patients that may not able to be seen by a provider during normal business hours.
Because healthcare is considered an essential service, our physical offices are open. We are scheduling regular office visits for new patients, physicals, chronic care illnesses, and routine follow up visits for patients who are not experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms by strictly following new safety guidelines as seen below.
If you are potentially experiencing symptoms possibly related to the COVID-19 virus (fever, flu-like symptoms, or other respiratory illness) or have a fever, please call so we can arrange a telemedicine visit and refer you for appropriate testing if needed. Please note, we are not performing COVID-19 testing in our physical offices, but you do need a referral from us to receive a COVID-19 test if determined appropriate after your telemedicine visit.
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe:
- All patients on our office schedules are screened the day before their visit to ensure they have not had any changes in their health or know exposure to COVID-19. (I.e. developed a fever or respiratory symptoms)
- All patients required to wear masks. Staff is required to wear masks when within contact of others.
- We are following all social distancing protocols of 6 feet in our patient lobby and work areas.
- We are not allowing non-patient visitors into the office, unless a patient is required to have a care giver present.
- All exam rooms are thoroughly disinfected after each patient visit, and all common areas are disinfected throughout the day regularly.
- We are only allowing the patient and one caregiver in an exam room at a time.
- All employees have trained annually on infection control, including handwashing, and sterile technique.
- All employees are required to have temperature monitoring for fever daily.
- The implementation of Telemedicine Virtual Visits.
The Physicians and Staff of Piedmont Internal Medicine, PC